Dog training isn't an exact science, what works for one might not for another. But, here are some words of wisdom many of us have found helpful.
- If you run into a difficult spot with your dog, someone will be more than happy to help you work through a problem, someone has likely been through a similar if not the same situation.
- Everyone trains a little different, you need to find what works best for you and your dog
- NEVER train mad. This is not good for you or the dog
- Always end on a good note
- Know that you will have some really good days, and some REALLY bad days, and that’s ok. It’s all part of the training process
- Keep up with your training at home. You can easily do work on obedience, heeling, and “whoa” work in your backyard.
- A well trained gun dog doesn’t happen in one training day, time must be spent on other days during the month
- Find some other people to train with, spend some time making friends in a hobby you both enjoy! Many of us come on weekdays throughout the season to train, reach out!